It turns out that writing essays feels like homework.
So I need to do this differently.
I woke up today and decided that it was time to reboot the blog.
Begin fresh.
I went to the blogger site and tried to redesign the layout.
But I couldn't remember how to change the formatting.
And I was afraid that if I messed with it,
It would disappear.
So instead,
I played around with Photoshop.
You know,
Turning my photograph into a cartoon
Or a mosaic.
In the end, I put cracks all over me
And posted the picture on Facebook.
I think I need to stop putting stuff on Facebook and start putting it here.

Speaking of rebooting,
If you are my friend on Facebook, you know all about our recent experience with boots.

Before Blue was wearing the boot, he was wearing this:

I was chatting with a mother in the hallway at the boys' school, and she said, "At least he didn't break his leg in the summer! It would be terrible not to be able to go swimming."
And I told her about this:

Blue was standing on a wall on the Fourth of July. And he fell off. Like Humpty Dumpty.
It was summer, and he could not go swimming.
In 2011, that kid was apparently trying to break his entire left side.
Piece by piece.
I actually wrote a blog post in November titled, "Why I Am Not Thankful." It was about how crazy it was that Blue broke his leg while standing still on ice skates. Because who breaks their leg while not moving?
And I was mad, because all my kid could do
Was sit on the couch and cry.
Or rage.
But when I wrote the blog post titled, "Why I Am Not Thankful," I realized that you all tend to like the funny stuff. And that post was not funny. And it occurred to me that it even sounded a little bratty.
So I turned off the blog and turned on Facebook.
While I was on Facebook, Blue started hollering.
He screamed, "This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me!"
I realized that he was right -- it was the very worst thing that had happened to him.
And for that, I was thankful.
We are all putting ourselves back together. It is a new year.
I have joined a boot camp.
It is a boot camp for out-of-shape mothers.
I need a swift kick.
It turns out that I am flabby and slow.
I might be flabbier and slower than any of the other mothers.
And yesterday, I injured myself.
But you know what?
I did not break my leg.
And my kid can now go swimming.
And tonight, I am not messing around on Facebook.
Instead, I am writing this blog.
Again.
3 comments:
Yay! You're back! I've missed your voice....cranky stories are welcome too, actually. Especially to the facebook resisters. Keep 'em coming!
you crack me up
Wow, I missed a lot. Poor Blue!
I love this site because it sounds like you, and yeah that often means you bring some funny. However, I bet you could post a grocery list and make it compelling.
Post a Comment